This goes out to all my 20-something-single-lady readers. There will always be a double standard with guys and girls. Always. It doesn’t mean it’s right – but it’s not going to change.
With that being said – last night, I committed my first real one night stand. On St. Patrick’s Day no less. I took kiss me I’m Irish to the next level up.
Now – most of you are probably thinking. WHAT? WHY? AT 22? HOW?
That’s right folks, I had a ‘boyfriend’ through most of college and was not big into cheating at the time.
Here are my conditions for a perfect O.N.S.:
- You can not be friends with the guy beforehand. Meaning – the guy of your choosing must be a complete stranger to you. This eliminates all those friends that you’ve done the deed with just once.
- You must meet in some crazy off-guard way. For me it was at Biker Jim’s waiting in line to order (even though I don’t eat hot dogs.. or anything else on their menu). Wait, why was I standing in line again?
- Be bold. Why not? Unless you plan on marrying this stranger you just met, which I highly doubt, who cares what they think of you.
- Make sure you have some type of transportation home. Think Jersey Shore style – call a cab and get outta there. Know where you are and know your name.
- Don’t leave anything important at his place. It makes for a really awkward return. In this particular case, “Oh hey, remember me? Yeah, from about 3 hours ago.. Well, I left my car keys on your couch. Mind if I come in and grab them? Ok, thanks. See you never.”
- Don’t think he’s going to call you again – especially if he lost his phone on the cab ride back to his place the night before.
- Don’t give all the details to acquaintances. Leave that to family and best friends – people are judgmental.
- Don’t try to be friends with his friends/roommates/dog. They don’t care.
Here are some pictures of the evening before I took the desperate slide into finding the lucky guy I went home with.
Stay classy, sluts,